Table of Contents
- I have over 10,000 products — can WP e-Commerce handle this many products?
- Awesome! You don’t expect me to manually load them all do you?
- Can I have a separate login/pricing for wholesalers?
- Can I sell products that people can, you know, download?
- I’m selling music, can my customers preview a song before buying?
- I sell records, can I attach a free digital download with a tangible product?
- Are my digital downloads safe?
- Do I have to manually upload each and every track of an album? Can’t I just plonk the entire album online?
- Can I offer free shipping once customers order a certain amount of items?
- Can I create a free shipping coupon?
- Can I offer free shipping for only certain locations?
- I mostly want to use Flat Rate Shipping, but some products cost way more to ship than others. Help me Obiwan?
- Uh, when my customer tries to checkout, they get a message saying “Sorry, online ordering is unavailable to this destination and/or weight. Please double check your destination details.” My customer lives upstairs man! What’s going on?
- My shipping details are not being sent to PayPal, what’s going on?
- Can I add package tracking to an order?
Styling your Store
- What themes work with WP e-Commerce?
- Can I create my own theme?
- How can I make the products page my home page?
- Can I keep my regular homepage, but still display products on it?
- How can I get my products to display in a grid?
- How do I remove countries from the drop-down list on the checkout screen?
- How do I customize the text for the Transaction Page, Customer Email, PnP, etc.
- How do I add/remove the PnP line, Quantity Field, Add to Cart button, Breadcrumbs, etc.
- How do I indicate an item is sold out?
- I want to use WP e-Commerce as a gallery instead of a store. Can I hide the Add to Cart button?
- Can I replace the Add to Cart button with an image?
- How do I style the products page?
- How do I “really” style the products page?
- What if I don’t know CSS?
- How do I edit the layout?
- Can I place Promo Products anywhere on my site, such as in a page or post?
- How do I change the number of items in the Latest Products widget?
- Can I put my shopping cart anywhere on my site?
- Can I customize the cart widget?
- Stars suck. Can I use a different graphic for the product ratings?
- Can I customize the css of select pages, without having it affect the rest of the site?
- I want my sub-categories to drop down from the parent category, not automatically display.
- I’m using swfUploader. I’m trying to upload product images but it just won’t work. What am I doing wrong?
- Where do I set the size for my thumbnails?
- Do my thumbnails have to be square?
- Is there a way that wp e-commerce can just scale my product images to create the thumbnails, instead of cropping them?
- Can I have different thumbnail sizes for different products?
- Can I use Magic Zoom on product images?
- Can I use JCROP to crop images and not have them be square?
- My thumbnails not displaying on products page/checkout page/category widget, etc.
- Can I have different images for different variations?
- Why won’t my product images upload?
- Can I download a CSV report of my sales?
- Can I import my sales into QuickBooks?
- How do I modify the customer email?
- I want my store to show up first when someone googles [insert phrase hopefully related to your store]. What do I do?
- What kind of analytics can I use on my site.
- How do I get help setting up my site?
- But you give the software away for free – shouldnt you help us for free?
- Are you always so snarky?
Gold File and API Keys
- I purchased my Gold Cart 20 minutes ago…where the heck is it?
- I upgraded my site and Gold Cart isn’t working
- I moved my site and now my API key doesn’t work?
- I upgraded WordPress, and now a bunch of the links in my store are broken?
- I changed the page name/title and everything is broken now – what do I do?
- My admin site crashes when I upload files for digital download?
- Help my product page is empty?!?
- I changed my URLs to permalinks, and now I am getting 404 errors?
- Can I re-order my Products?
I have over 10,000 products — can WP e-Commerce handle this many products?
WP e-Commerce has been built from the ground up to be scalable to your store needs with out-of-the-box support for large scale catalogs and product inventories. The upcoming WP e-Commerce 3.8.* series takes advantage of custom post types, made possible with WordPress 3.0 so in practice WP e-Commerce will support as many Products as WordPress can Posts – and thats a lot!
What bulk upload and migration options are available for WP e-Commerce?
We don’t expect you to manually upload a ton of products which is why we made the following options available.
- A basic CSV importer comes with WP e-Commerce, access it from Store > Settings > Import. Unfortunately, it’s pretty limited and doesn’t support images or variations.
- Visser Labs offers Product Importer Deluxe for WP e-Commerce which lets you get far more specific with your products details and supports images upload! It comes packaged with a Category/Brand Importer so don’t have to manually enter your categories/brands.
- If you don’t need all the bells and whistles Visser Labs also offers a slimmer Product Importer Standard for WP e-Commerce which leaves out image and other business-centric support.
Can I have a separate login/pricing for wholesalers?
Not currently, but we are working on it for a future release. In the meantime there’s Visser Labs’s Wholesale Pricing Plugin.
Can I sell products that people can, you know, download?
Do you even need to ask? Of course you can! If you can upload it, they can download it.
I’m selling music, can my customers preview a song before buying?
I sell records, can I attach a free digital download with a tangible product?
Yes you can! When you are creating your tangible product, simply associate a digital download to the product. Upon a successful transaction, your user will be able to download the file.
Are my digital downloads safe?
Each download link is generated at purchase and generates a unique address for that purchase. Through Store > Settings > Admin you can limit the number of downloads, lock the download to the purchasers IP address and other electronic download options.
Do I have to manually upload each and every track of an album? Can’t I just plonk the entire album online?
To answer your question, yes there is in fact a way to plonk your entire album online. All you have to do is head over to Screaming Code Monkey and purchase his Music Importer. With the Music Importer, importing mp3 products /albums has never been easier.
Can I offer free shipping once customers order a certain amount of items?
All you have to do is go to Store > Settings > Shipping where you can set a price cap for the order, and orders over that price will receive free shipping.
Can I create a free shipping coupon?
Yup. Just go to Store > Marketing for all your coupon needs.
Can I offer free shipping for only certain locations?
If by certain locations you mean entire continents, then yes you can! Otherwise no, are shipping zones don’t get down to the state (or even the country) level.
I mostly want to use Flat Rate Shipping, but some products cost way more to ship than others. Help me Obiwan?
Worry not! Head on over to your Store > Settings > Shipping page, where you can set a base flat rate for local and international regions. Then, when you are entering your products, you will see the option to set an additional flat rates. If the flat rate fields on a product page is left empty, it will resort to the base flat rate. [Note: If all of your products are going to have different shipping rates, then just set the rate on each products page. Ignore the flat rate fields on the Shipping Settings page.]
When my customer tries to checkout, they get a message saying “Sorry, online ordering is unavailable to this destination and/or weight. Please double check your destination details.” My customer lives upstairs man! What’s going on?
Ah, the dreaded “we don’t ship to you” message. This message can appear for a number of reasons. Usually it means you neglected a few settings when you were building your store. Before you email us in a panic, check the following things…
- Store > Settings > General
- Did you set up your Base Country/Region?
- Did you select at least your own country as a target market? If a customer resides in a country you didn’t select as a target market (even if it’s your own), then the store won’t ship to them. Click here to read more about target markets.
- Store > Settings > Shipping
- Did you enable the “Use Shipping” option?
- Did you fill in your base zip code?
- Did you select at least one shipping calculator?
- Did you actually fill in the settings for your shipping calculator? Hint…you gotta click the little edit button that shows up when you hover over a shipping option.
- If you are using UPS or USPS, did you sign up for the stuff you were supposed to sign up for? The cart can’t calculate shipping without the proper credentials.
- Store > Categories
- Do your product categories have at least one target market selected. If you set up your target markets on the General page, they should automatically copy over to the categories, but you should double check just in case.
- Store > Products
- If you are using Weight Rate, UPS, or USPS, did you remember to set a weight for your product?
- If you did set a weight for your product, and your product has variations, did you also set a weight for EACH of the variations? If any variation doesn’t have a weight, the shipping calculator won’t work. To set a weight for a variation, click on the little “more” button next to it.
If you’ve done all of the things above, and your shipping still doesn’t work…then you can email us!
My shipping details are not being sent to PayPal, what’s going on?
On the Store > Settings > Payment Options page, did you enable the “Send shipping details” option? While you’re there, make sure you selected the form fields that should be sent to PayPal.
Can I add package tracking to an order?
Yup. Once you have a tracking ID, just go to your sales log page and click the “+ tracking id” link for the order. You can even set it up to send an email to your customer with the tracking information.
What themes work with WP e-Commerce?
Can I create my own theme?
Go for it! Have a look here for some things to keep in mind.
How can I make the products page my home page?
This is a WordPress setting. Go to Settings > Reading and then select the Products Page as your home page. Select another page to be your Blog page.
Can I keep my regular homepage, but still display products on it?
Using shortcodes, you can do whatever you want. Take a look at our shortcodes documentation.
How can I get my products to display in a grid?
You gotta buy a Gold Cart & Grid Module for that to happen.
How do I remove countries from the drop-down list on the checkout screen?
Go to Products > Settings > Admin and in the Target Market section, uncheck any countries you don’t want listed.
For the customer email and the transactions page, go to Store > Settings > Admin and write whatever you want in the Purchase Receipt section. All the other text can be found in the languages files. If you want to change a language file, do a search for the current text in the appropriate language file (for English, the file is found at wp-e-commerce/language/EN_en.php) and replace it with whatever you want to say. Be sure to leave the single quotes intact, as they are necessary for the PHP to work. If you use single quotes in your new text, be sure to ‘escape’ them by preceding them with a backslash, as in ‘We\’re sorry for any inconvenience’.
How do I add/remove the PnP line, Quantity Field, Add to Cart button, Breadcrumbs, etc.
Go to Store > Settings > Presentation where you will find a myriad of delightful options.
How do I indicate an item is sold out?
In the Product Details, under ‘Price and Stock Controls’, tick the box that says ‘I have a limited number of this item in stock…’ and set the stock number to zero. Note that if the product has variations, you will have to go into Variation Control and remove the variation set(s).
I want to use WP e-Commerce as a gallery instead of a store. Can I hide the Add to Cart button?
Sure you can. Find input.wpsc_buy_button in your stylesheet and set it to display:none.
Yup. Create your image, and upload it to the website. Then find input.wpsc_buy_button in your stylesheet, and add background-image:url(http://location-of-image.jpg) making sure you insert the full URL address of the background image (relative links are iffy). Don’t forget to add a width and height for your image.
How do I style the products page?
There are a whole heap of presentation setting on the Store > Settings > Presentation page. Play around with those.
How do I “really” style the products page?
With a little knowledge of CSS, you can do absolutely anything you want! Most of the styles are kept in the wp-e-commerce themes folder. Jump in and have a play! For more information, check out our Styling with CSS section in the Documentation.
What if I don’t know CSS?
How do I edit the layout?
If you can’t accomplish everything you want with CSS, then you probably want to dig into the PHP template. It’s not nearly as hard as you think. Take a look at our Anatomy of a WP e-Commerce Theme section in the documentation for more information. Or, head over to the WP Consultants page and hire your very own theme designer.
Go to the Product Details page for the product you wish to promote, and click on the little blue circle with the i in it (i stands for information). Grab the product shortcode, and paste it wherever you want…preferably in a post or page.
How do I change the number of items in the Latest Products widget?
Go to the latest_product_widget.php file. Find the text ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT and change the 5 to whatever limit you want.
Can I put my shopping cart anywhere on my site?
Pretty much. Go to Store > Settings > Presentation and scroll down to the Shopping Cart Settings. You can either choose one of the automatic settings, or you can set it manually, by selecting the “manual” option and copying the php code into the appropriate template (i.e. if you want the cart in the header, put it in the header.php file).
Can I customize the cart widget?
If you can’t accomplish what you want with the css that’s already there (located either in either wp-e-commerce/themes or uploads/wpsc/themes) and you will see a file named cart_widget.php, which contains the code for the widget. To change the css, just go to your themes css file.
Stars suck. Can I use a different graphic for the product ratings?
If you’ll look in the directory wp-e-commerce/images you’ll see ‘24bit-star.gif’, ‘blue-star.gif’, ‘gold-star.gif’, ‘grey-star.gif’ — those will be the images you want to replace. Then change the URL for the stars in your CSS, and your custom stars should display.
As a matter of fact, there are a number of ways you can accomplish this. Luckily for you, we cover a few in the our Styling with CSS section
I want my sub-categories to drop down from the parent category, not automatically display.
This requires modifications to the shopping cart. Do a search in the forums for Slide Menu or Tree Link and you will find some solutions that worked for other users.
Can I download a CSV report of my sales?
Yup. On your sales log page, there is a CSV download link.
Can I import my sales into QuickBooks?
Check out this QuickBooks link for instructions on importing a CSV into QuickBooks.
How do I modify the customer email?
Go to Products > Settings > Admin and make your changes there.
How do I get help setting up my site?
If you have read through the documentations, and looked in the forums, and STILL can’t figure out how to set up your site, you probably better head over to the WP Consultants page. We’re sure someone there will be more than happy to help you.
But you give the software away for free – shouldn’t you help us for free?
HA! Oh wait, you were serious weren’t you.
How can I utilize those newfangled Social Networks.
You best head on over to the Marketing section of our Documentation to find out!
I didn’t receive a Purchase Receipt containing my API Key
First of all, check your spam folder, gMail has a reputation of over-protecting your Inbox. If this fails create a topic on the Support Forum and one of our Trusted GetShopped.org members will assist you.
I upgraded my site and Gold Cart is no longer working
If you’ve just upgraded from WP e-Commerce 3.6.* to 3.7.* then Gold Cart also needs to be updated. Download the latest release of Gold Cart from the Premium Upgrades Files page.
I changed website domains and now my API Key doesn’t work
Premium Plugins purchased from GetShopped.org are locked to a single domain at any one time, if you have recently changed website domain or transferred your Plugin to a different website you will have to re-validate to update our records.
From the Store > Upgrades page click the Reset API Key button, this will release your Premium Plugin from the previous domain and allow you to activate it again.
Note: Remember, an API key will only ever work on one site at a time.
I want my store to show up first when someone googles [insert some phrase hopefully related to your store]. What do I need to do?
If it’s the first page you seek, we suggest you go hire an SEO specialist. Otherwise, you can check out some of the techniques that have worked for us.
What kind of analytics can I use on my site.
Check out the link above and you shall see!
How do I sell tickets?
We’re so glad you asked! Check out the TikiPress Plugin on WordPress Extend.
I’m using swfUploader. I’m trying to upload product images but it just won’t work. What am I doing wrong?
Hmm, make sure that the wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product-images folder is writable. If you change the permissions and it still isn’t working, try using the browser upload instead. Not quite as sexy, but it does the job.
(This will be superseeded in WP e-Commerce in 3.8)
Where do I set the size for my thumbnails?
Look for the Product Images section on this page. It will have the answers you seek.
Do my thumbnails have to be square?
By square, we assume you mean something with 4 equal sides. In which case, no your thumbnails do not have to be square. To read more about your thumbnails, click on the link above.
Can I have different thumbnail sizes for different products?
Yup. You can read all about it here.
Dude, it’s not working. I specified a size for each thumbnail, but they aren’t changing. What gives?
You’re using the grid view aren’t you. Yeah, different size thumbnails don’t work so well with the grid view. If they did, it wouldn’t be much a grid now would it. However, one of our clever users came up with a workaround. Use at your own risk.
Is there a way that wp e-commerce can just scale my product images to create the thumbnails, instead of cropping them?
That depends….are you using the grid view? Check out the link above for more info.
Ah, while Magic Zoom might rock, it ain’t free. Unlike our friend MojoZoom here. According to a forum member, you just have to put the first chunk of code into your WP theme header, and then head over to the single_product.php file in your WPEC theme and add data-zoomsrc=”" to the product image link. Pretty cool huh?
Do JCROP images have to be so square?
Um…yeah. Until WP e-Commerce 3.8 which uses the WordPress media manager it is what it is.
I uploaded my thumbnails, but I can’t get them to actually show up. Some shopping cart you are!
Oh ye of little faith. Head on over to your wp-content/uploads/wpsc/ folder and see if you have “cache” folder. If for some reason you don’t, just create it yourself, and make damn sure it’s writable. While you’re there, you might as well check the permissions on the product-images folder is writable as well.
I upgraded WordPress, and now a bunch of the links in my store are broken?
After an upgrade, sometimes the links within the store need a little kick to sync back up. Go to Store > Settings > Admin and click on the ‘Update Page URLs’ link at the very bottom of the screen, and also ‘Fix Product Group Permalinks’ if necessary.
I changed the page name/title and everything is broken now – what do I do?
There is no need to panic. Just go to Store > Settings > Admin and click on the ‘Update Page URLs’ link at the very bottom of the screen.
My admin site crashes when I upload files for digital download?
Some web hosts will time out and appear to crash when you try to upload large files. If this happens you can upload files using your FTP client and then associate them manually. All files in the files folder are displayed in the product manager regardless whether they have been uploaded via the form or via FTP.
Help my product page is empty?!?
Hmmm. You didn’t happen to alter the Products Page in the Pages > Edit section did you? Perhaps you made the page “private” or got rid of the cute little shopping cart icon, or maybe you just trashimpoed the whole page! Yeah…not such a good idea. Without the Products Page, you won’t have much of a store. You’re more than welcome to change the title of the page, but that’s about it. In fact, all of those shopping cart related pages need to stay exactly as they are. If you don’t want them to show up in the navigation, just install this handy dandy plugin.
I changed my URLs to permalinks, and now I am getting 404 errors?
Hmm, it sounds like either WordPress can’t write to your .htaccess file, or you just don’t have one. To learn more about your friendly .htaccess file, click here.
Can I re-order my Products?
Products can be re-ordered within their Product Categories only, at this time there is limited support for re-ordering Products on the Products Page which is covered after this example. To re-order Products within their Product Category do the following:
- Open Store > Products within the WordPress Adminstration
- Select a Product Category (e.g. Shirts)
- Click Filter
- Re-order Products by dragging and dropping each Product
If you wish to re-order Products on the Products Page aswell you will need to do the following:
- Create a new Product Category and assign all the Products in your store to this Product Category
- Open Store > Settings > Presentation from the WordPress Administration
- Under Product page displays change the drop-down to the Product Category that has all your Products in it
- Click Update
- Open Store > Products
- Select the Product Category that has all your Products in it
- Click Filter
- Re-order Products by dragging and dropping each Product